Use & Care
BlenderBottle® Shaker Cups Usage:
It’s easy. To use any BlenderBottle® shaker cup to make the smoothest shake imaginable, simply:
- Drop the BlenderBall® wire whisk into the bottle, along with your ingredients.
- Screw on the lid and snap the flip cap shut.
- Shake well.
- Add liquid ingredients first, then add powders and thicker ingredients.
- Before shaking, screw lid firmly onto base and press flip cap down until you hear an audible snap. That’s the sign that the cap is securely closed.
- For best mixing action, hold the upper half of the bottle firmly and shake by rotating your wrist.
- The surgical-grade stainless steel BlenderBall® whisk is designed to remain in the cup while you drink, even if you’re drinking plain water. It will never rust, chip, or peel.
Wondering what to mix in your new bottle? BlenderBottle® shaker cups are ideal for blending protein shakes, yogurt smoothies, sauces, egg dishes, and more. For an ever-growing list of recipes using your BlenderBottle® shaker, visit our recipes page.
- Wash bottle before initial use, and immediately after every use. Trust us on this—there’s not much worse than a week-old protein shake.
- If you have a white Radian lid that is looking off-color, try scrubbing it with a wet wipe to clean it up.
- Most components of your BlenderBottle® shaker are top-rack dishwasher safe (the insulated BlenderBottle® Radian will need to be hand washed). The BlenderBall® wire whisk should be placed in the silverware bin.
- Alternately, bottles may be washed by hand in warm soapy water. (Please note warning below regarding hot liquids.)
Removing Odors from BlenderBottle Shaker Cups:
Stinky bottle? Most BPA-free plastics are prone to retaining odors if not cleaned promptly after use (again, nix the week-old protein shake). Try these tips for removing odors from your BlenderBottle® shaker:
- Fill bottle with a mixture of baking soda and vinegar and allow it to sit overnight, with flip cap open.
- Sprinkle a piece of newspaper with water, or place several drops of vanilla extract on a few paper towels. Crumple newspaper or paper towels and place inside bottle. Screw on lid and let bottle sit for 24 hours, with flip cap closed.
- Place damp coffee grounds inside bottle. Screw on lid and allow bottle to sit overnight, with flip cap closed.
- After cleaning the bottle out, leaving the lid off and letting it air out can do wonders.
- BlenderBottle® shaker cups are not intended for use with hot or warm liquids. The secure seal of the bottles does not allow pressure to escape, therefore hot or warm liquids may cause the flip cap to open unexpectedly and spray contents.
- Please exercise caution when mixing other ingredients that may create pressure inside the bottle (such as—but not limited to—pancake batter, waffle batter, etc.). When mixing these types of ingredients, hold a finger over the flip cap while shaking and use caution when opening the cap.
- Likewise, BlenderBottle® shaker cups are not appropriate for carbonated beverages.
- Always point the spout away from your face when opening the flip cap.
The BlenderBottle® GoStak™ system is a versatile storage system that can be easily customized to your needs. Simply:
- Fill individual jars with protein powders, meal replacement ingredients, vitamins, pills, or snacks.
- Lock the jars together with a quick clockwise turn.
- You're good to go!
Tip: Loosening a Tight Lid
Stronger than you know? If a burst of super-human strength caused you to tighten a GoStak™ lid more than intended, relax. Loosening the lid is easy—just place another jar on top of the stubborn lid, grab the bottom jar by the base (not the lid), and slowly twist the top jar counter clockwise until it catches on the Twist n' Lock™ ridge of the stuck lid, setting it free.
- Wash all jars and lids before initial use, and immediately after each use.
- All GoStak™ jars are top-rack dishwasher safe; lids and smaller jars fare better in the silverware bin, as far away from the heating element as possible.
- Alternately, you may clean jars and lids using warm soapy water.
GoStak™ jars are made from high-quality, odor-resistant Eastman Tritan™ plastic; however, they are not odor proof. Pungent foods (i.e. onions or garlic) may make it difficult to fully eliminate odors from jars. The following techniques are helpful in removing odors:
- Fill jar with a mixture of baking soda and vinegar and allow it to sit overnight.
- Sprinkle a piece of newspaper with water, or place several drops of vanilla extract on a few paper towels. Crumple newspaper or paper towels and place inside jar. Seal jar and let it sit for 24 hours.
- Place damp coffee grounds inside jar. Seal jar and allow it to sit overnight.
Chill out, in three easy steps:
- Choose your favorite Insulated Sling
- Put your BlenderBottle® shaker inside said sling.
- Let out a loud “Huzzah!” hours later, when your drink is still cold.
- BlenderBottle® Insulated Slings are machine washable.
- Alternately, you may clean your sling with a soft cloth and warm soapy water.
Other Usage Notes
Are BlenderBottle® products microwavable?
It’s a don’t. While the plastics used in BlenderBottle® products are BPA- and phthalate-free, microwaving is strongly discouraged. The leak-proof seal on our bottles and jars can allow pressure to build up when heating, causing the flip caps or lids to open unexpectedly and spray contents. Never microwave BlenderBottle® products—or any other container—with the BlenderBall® whisk inside.
Can I freeze my BlenderBottle® shaker cup?
It’s a don’t. Generally, we do not recommend freezing BlenderBottle® shakers or jars. Like most plastic containers, ours may become brittle and susceptible to cracking or breaking when frozen. If you decide to freeze the contents of your bottle or jar, please make sure to leave room at the top and leave the cap open, in order for the contents to expand.