BlenderBottle Classic™ and SportMixer™
To use the Classic and SportMixer shaker cups, simply drop the BlenderBall® wire whisk into the bottle with your ingredients, screw on the lid, and shake. The surgical-grade stainless steel BlenderBall® is designed to remain in the cup until you've enjoyed the contents. Just drinking water? No need to remove the BlenderBall - it won't rust, chip, or peel.
- Add liquid ingredients before adding powders and thicker ingredients.
- Before shaking, screw lid firmly onto cup and press flip cap down until you hear it "snap" closed.
- For best mixing action, hold GripperBars™ (Classic) or SportGrip™ (SportMixer) and shake from the wrist.
BlenderBottle shaker cups are great for blending protein shakes, yogurt smoothies, sauces, egg dishes, and more. For an ever-growing list of BlenderBottle recipe ideas, check out our recipes page.
- Wash before first use.
- Clean bottles out immediately after use. A week-old protein shake is guaranteed to make you lose your appetite.
- All pieces of the Classic and SportMixer bottles are top-rack dishwasher safe. The BlenderBall® may be placed in the silverware bin.
- Alternatively, the bottles may be washed by hand in warm soapy water. If using this method, please see warning below.
Removing Odors from BlenderBottle Shaker Cups:
Unfortunately, most BPA-free plastics are prone to retaining odors if not cleaned regularly. Try these tips for removing odors from your BlenderBottle shaker cups:
- Fill the bottle with a mixture of baking soda and vinegar and allow to sit overnight (with the flip cap open).
- Sprinkle a piece of newspaper with water, or place several drops of vanilla extract on a couple of paper towels. Crumple the newspaper or paper towels and place inside the bottle. Screw on the lid and let sit for 24 hours.
- Place damp coffee grounds inside the bottle, seal, and allow to sit overnight.
Warnings & Cautions:
The Classic and SportMixer bottles are not for use with hot or warm liquids. The secure seal of the bottles does not allow pressure to escape, so placing hot or warm liquids in either bottle may cause the flip cap to open unexpectedly and spray contents.
Please also exercise caution when mixing other ingredients that create pressure (such as - but not limited to - pancake batter, waffle batter, etc.) When mixing these types of ingredients, hold your finger over the flip cap while shaking and use caution when opening the flip cap. Always point the spout away from face when opening the flip cap.
The GoStak system is a fully-customizable, versatile storage system that can be easily suited to fit your needs. Fill jars with protein powders, meal replacement ingredients, vitamins & pills, snacks, etc., lock them together with a quick clockwise turn, and you're good to go.
Loosening a Tight Lid:
At some point, you may get a sudden burst of super-human strength, allowing you to tighten a GoStak lid a little tighter than you may have intended. No worries - loosening it up is easy:
To loosen a well-tightened lid:
- Place another jar on top of the stubborn lid and grab the bottom jar by the base (not the lid)
- Slowly twist the top jar counter clockwise until it catches on the Twist n' Lock™ ridge of the stuck lid and loosens it.
- Wash before first use.
- GoStak lids and jars are top-rack dishwasher safe. Lids and smaller jars may have better luck getting clean in the silverware bin, as far away from the heating element as possible.
- Alternatively, you may clean the jars and lids using warm soapy water.
Removing Odors from the GoStak:
If you've used a GoStak jar for a particularly smelly food item (i.e. onions), it may be difficult to fully eliminate the odor from the jar. While the GoStak jars are made out of odor-resistant Eastman Tritan™ plastic, they are not odor-proof. You may try some of the following techniques to remove the odor:
- Fill the jar with a mixture of baking soda and vinegar and allow to sit overnight.
- Sprinkle a piece of newspaper with water, or place several drops of vanilla extract on a couple of paper towels. Crumple the newspaper or paper towels and place inside the jar. Seal the jar and let sit for 24 hours.
- Place damp coffee grounds inside the jar, seal, and allow to sit overnight.
- Choose your favorite Insulated Sling
- Put your BlenderBottle Classic or SportMixer bottle in said sling.
- Appreciate your accomplishment hours later when your drink is still cold.
- BlenderBottle Insulated Slings are machine washable.
- Alternatively, you can clean the slings with a soft cloth and warm soapy water.
Other Usage Notes
Are BlenderBottle products microwavable?
While the plastics used in BlenderBottle® brand products are BPA- and Phthalate-free, microwaving is strongly discouraged. The leak-proof seal can allow pressure to build up inside the bottle/jars when heating, causing the lids or flip caps to open unexpectedly and spray contents. Never microwave the BlenderBottle with the BlenderBall® inside.
Can I freeze my BlenderBottle?
Generally, we do not recommend freezing BlenderBottle® brand shaker cups. Like most plastic bottles, our shaker cups may become brittle and more susceptible to cracking or breaking when frozen. If you decide to freeze the contents, please make sure to leave room at the top, as well as the flip cap open, for the contents to expand.